Saturday 3 January 2009

Penny Black Challenge - Week 30


Time for another challenge card and this time it is one of my favourites, the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. I am fast building up a collection of these stamps and this is my latest Penny Black purchase called "Crossing Bridges". I coloured the image using my trusty Promarkers.

For this card I used the new Papermania papers called "Scrumptious" which are absolutely lovely, and pink my favourite colour. I added some glossy accents to the flowers on the image. The flowers are Prima with a Dovecraft jewel brad in the centre. The pearl adhesive stones are by Kars. I also added some Liquid Pearls to the corner of the stamped image to look like brads. The papers are matted onto Bazzill Bling. The sentiment is just computer generated on my laptop.

The brief for the card this week is embossing and so I have added a strip of embossed Bazzill Bling which I nearly forgot about so this was added when I had practically all but finished the card. For this I used the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder.

Hope you like the card. Happy Crafting everyone.

Joy xx

14 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Joy,
I think your card is wonderful ...I love all the different layers and textures you have used and your pro-marker colouring is fab!!....


Emma xxx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card...love all the textures and that cute image...thanks for playing along at PBSC this week and happy new year
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

tracie said...

gorgeous card Joy, love the pretty papers and this image is adorable.
Thanks for joining us this week
Happy New Year
Hugs
Tracie :)x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Lovely card, love the image used which is coloured fabulously and the papers are scrummy.
Lyndsey xx

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful card, love that image
Wendy x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Joy. love the sweet image and the colours are so pretty, Debbie x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, love it.

cats whiskers said...

Hi Joy this is a really fab card, just love everything about it
Thanks for joining PBSC this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Sue said...

oh what a beautiful card, luv all the detail, sue.x

Pauline C said...

This card is adorable Joy - beautiful image and I lvoe those new Papermania papers. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

gina g said...

Hi Joy love this card very pretty love the colours and the papers really are Scrumptious aren't they. gina xx

Beth said...

This is beautiful and so well made, gorgeous colours too! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge! xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabby coluring on the image. Lovely card. Kim

Unknown said...

A lovely card