Saturday 24 January 2009

Sketch Saturday Challenge Card - #35




OMG it has been over a week since I last made a card. Do you know, I have felt really guilty all week lazing around after work instead of card making lol. I did attempt to make a card during the week but my mojo had gone walkabout and I couldn't find it. However as I got paid yesterday I went craft shopping today to all my favourite crafts shops, spent a small fortune. I also had a delivery from The Glitter Pot today with some more stamps and papers lol...aren't I naughty. There's a local craft show/stamp show on next week at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage which I shall also be attending...I can't wait for that and to top it all off I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Gorjuss stamps.....I wish they would hurry and release them.

Anyhow here is the card I made this evening for the Sketch Saturday Challenge this week using one of my new Magnolia stamps that I received from the Glitter Pot today.
This is also my first attempt at colouring with distress inks...how did I do?
The elements I used are:-

Stamp - Magnolia
Image coloured using Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Papers - Cosmo Cricket "Jitterbug - Lil Suzie"
Flowers cut using Woodware flower punch
Brads - Dovecraft and Papermania
Sentiment generated on my laptop

Thanks for looking and I hope you like the card.

Joy xx

17 comments:

liza said...

lovely card joy love the papers
love liza xox

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the image she is just too sweet and the papers are gorgeous they look fab. Like how you have done the strips of paper under the image it looks great.
Lyndsey xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is beautiful, I love the papers & the image is adorable. I've just spent ages looking for your blog on my blog list; for some odd reason I didn't have it listed - that terrible mistake has now been rectified! :) Hope you're having a great weekend, Kirsten x.

Debbie said...

A really sweet card Joy, the image is adorable and I love the pretty papers. Debbie x

Riet said...

what a beautiful cards Joy.

echt heel erg mooi.

hugs Riet.xxx

Lea L. said...

Such a cute stamp and card! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Caroline said...

Stunning card! I love these papers. Just found your blog off now to join your list of followers

Beth said...

Such a pretty card, I love the papers too! xx

Joey said...

Hi Joy, this is stunning, I love the papers and tilda is coloured beautifully. joey xxx

Lesley said...

aww this is absolutely Stunning!!! i really love it!!! luv n hugs Lesley xxx

Sarah said...

great card, love the papers and your colouring is fab!

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,

Wow what a fabulous blog! I love your work and will pop back often to see what I can get inspiration from. Thanks again for the lovely goodies from your kind giveaway on DC, I love them.

Jan x

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Hope you dont mind but I have you tagged on my blog hop over and see x

Christy said...

I love this card!! Great job!

Unknown said...

This card and the papers are wonderful. xxx I have tagged you on my blog if you would like to join in. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! wish i knew how to color with distress inks! xxx

Andrea said...

Lovely papers and beautiful card